Zwitch is a digital barter platform that can be accessed via mobile application. Their vision is to change the overconsumption by simplifying the barter trade and by creating a platform where goods that already exist and are in circulation can be exchanged.
Creating a barter platform in a time like this has inspired our client to focus also on the environmental side of things. They are developing a digital ecosystem of sustainable trading and a circular economy. Basically, it’s the concept of recycling and exchanging products that are already in circulation instead of buying and pilling up unnecessary items.
For this purpose, they needed a partner that will help them execute the idea of creating a secure & extensible platform and make all this a reality.
With the intention of tackling all these challenges, Zwitch approached Alite International to help them implement the most suitable solution for their purposes.
The solution Alite proposed is a cloud platform that will host all their services. Developing this solution will help Zwitch bridge the gap between expectations & desired final product by translating the idea into a viable business case/model.
The infrastructure for the Zwitch platform will be on AWS, which enables easier scalability, flexibility, and robustness for future growth and expansion. The solution will be developed using a modular architecture that will enable adding and removing functionalities without affecting the entire system in the future.
This is what we have used for their DevOps automation tool to enable end-to-end software delivery in the AWS Cloud:
- A setup of multiple backend services using microservice architecture on AWS; will be required to use: VPC, Lambda, API Gateway, RDS, and Cognito. The complete infrastructure should be defined in CloudFormation.
- A setup for real-time messaging on AWS; will be required to use: VPC, Fargate, and ElastiCache.
- A setup of a complete notification service for sending push and in-app notifications on mobile devices on AWS; will be required to use: VPC, SNS, DynamoDB, and Lambda.
What this app manages to do is to help people reduce overconsumption and reduce the negative effects of overconsumption on the environment. This revolutionary concept has already changed the way people think when making buying decisions, and not just in Sweden as our primary market, but also in every other country in the world.
That’s why we have chosen to build the platform on AWS so it will scale easily as we open up to new markets without having the huge upfront costs when doing this the traditional way.
To sum up, here are some additional benefits of the project itself:
- it connects users in a transparent, engaging, and entertaining way;
- it extends the life/lifecycle of products that are already in circulation;
- it provides society with a solution that simplifies the possibility for products to find new owners or new areas of use;
- it reduces waste and promotes recycling;
- you can buy something new with your old.