OMNICAR is a new tech-house that creates advanced solutions to empower the auto industry. Its mission is to transform the way people service their cars – by using mobile service vans.
Among the many services they offer, they have a sector called Omnicarservice. This is a new mobile car service that can service your car wherever it is or wherever it stands. It can be parked at your home, at your workplace or wherever you choose.
In this success story, they have already serviced over 3500 cars, and they are getting a lot of positive feedback and support from their customers – which is evident from the Trustpilot score. To be able to take their story one step forward, they were in need of incredible web and mobile applications so their customers will be able to request a mechanical service online.
At the time being, Omincar had a simple online booking request form. Since their business was growing and they were having more and more customers, the current online booking form couldn’t satisfy all customer needs and demands.
To respond to all that in the most efficient way, they needed to have a list of all specific services they were offering. In addition to that, they wanted to have immediate live price calculations, but then also the option to be able to automatically order the necessary spare parts.
To be able to achieve all this, they needed a company to help them on their digital transformation journey. In Alite, they recognized a truly experienced partner with the capability to build new sophisticated web and mobile applications that will satisfy all their needs.
Omnicar has approached Alite so that we can assist them in building modern web and mobile applications. These apps contain live price calculations, smart calendar for booking a request, automatic ordering of spare parts, and a routing system for deciding which van to send where – based on proximity.
To realize this flawlessly, we have decided to go with an AWS infrastructure because their servers can cover all needs for building an application like this. Based on our previous experience, we have mapped all the necessary AWS services, the system architecting experience and the specific customer needs.
This is how we used each of the following AWS services and solutions:
- DynamoDB – since we don’t have the need for reporting and BI processes in this application, we chose DynamoDB because of its great performance and the ability to setup ‘time to live’ on records.
- AppSync – our applications are graphql bases, so naturally we chose the AppSync service.
- Lambda – We chose Lambda and its functions as a resolver because of the complexity of the code behind graphQL requests.
- S3 – we used S3 for deploying the front-end application but also as storage for two external csv files. After uploading external files, some S3 buckets trigger a Lambda function.
- CloudFront – we will use the edge location in Copenhagen, to deploy our web application content.
- Route53 – we will use this service to route the end users to our web application.
- Secrets Manager – since we use APIs from 5 different vendors, here we keep the API secrets, keys, specific urls, etc.
By choosing the AWS platform, we made sure that our client’s services are stable and scalable whenever needed. With the changes implemented, the concept has resulted in the best-scoring customer satisfaction in the entire automotive industry in Denmark.
For our client, we’ve provided modern and stable applications so they can get an automated flow integrated with their internal system. By implementing the smart calendar, Omnicar will have an upgrade on their planner system – knowing which van is the most suitable to be sent to the designated location.
The customer feedback has been very positive, which has made it possible for OmnicarService to reach an outstanding total development turnover 65% higher compared to 2020. They expect a continuous positive growth rate throughout 2022 and expect a two-digit growth from quarter to quarter on their service business.
The business impact OmnicarService has had until now is outstanding. Here are some of the biggest milestones:
- More than 4.500 vehicles serviced
- 8 service vans launched
- Top-notch CRM system created & launched
- Average basked size increase by 38%
- 30% return of customers
- The best rated workshop in DK
- IT Platform that is setting new industry standards